Dogs love Cornwall, and well behaved dogs are welcome at Little Crifts Cottage. The following ‘doghouse rules’ are out of consideration for our neighbours and for the enjoyment of future visitors to the cottage. Please also see Section 5 of the Rental Rules specifically relating to visitors with dogs, and read them carefully before deciding if the cottage is suitable for your needs.
- No more than one adult medium-sized dog per booking, please (maxiumum Labrador-sized, or around 30kg, at least 1 year of age).
- Dogs are not to be left unattended in the cottage or grounds. However, if your dog is accustomed to using a crate, then we are happy for you to bring this and for them to be confined to the crate for short periods while you go out. Do must not be left in vehicles at the property at any time.
- Please do not allow dogs into the bedrooms or on the furniture.
- Dogs must be under control and on a short lead at all times around livestock. The cottage is located on a working smallholding, in an area rich with livestock farms. Surrounding fields are likely to contain sheep, cattle, poultry, and other livestock, and there are free-ranging sheep, ponies and cattle on the moor. Dogs chasing, worrying or attacking livestock will not be tolerated. Even the nicest, best trained dog is at risk of chasing livestock – it’s just instinct. Visitors whose dogs cause problems with livestock may be asked to leave, so please don’t leave anything to chance.
- All dogs staying at the property should be fully vaccinated and have been treated with a prescription strength flea and tick treatment a suitable period of time before their visit.
- Please note that you are responsible for the cost of any damage done by your dogs to the cottage or its contents. We recommend you check your travel and / or pet insurance policies carefully to ensure you are covered for such costs, should they arise.
- We do not charge extra for visitors to bring their dogs to Little Crifts Cottage. However if there is evidence that pets have been allowed into bedrooms or on furniture, or if evidence of pet soiling is found anywhere in the cottage, a £50 additional cleaning charge will be deducted from your security deposit.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for clarification or if you have any questions relating to the above, at firstname.lastname@example.org as we want to make sure you’re completely happy before booking.